Looking for the perfect gift for that mixology-minded friend or family member? Here are our top picks for the must-have bartending accessories for the weekend dabbler to the master mixologist: Mixing Glasses: It is essential for every bartender to own
Looking for the perfect gift for that mixology-minded friend or family member? Here are our top picks for the must-have bartending accessories for the weekend dabbler to the master mixologist:
- Mixing Glasses: It is essential for every bartender to own a few mixing glasses to create well-crafted cocktails. Glass allows you to see the liquid providing you a rudimentary gage of the level of dilution. Glass also transfers heat less efficiently than metal, so you will transfer less heat to your cocktail through a glass vessel when you secure it with your hands. This prevents the outside air or, your hand, from causing the ice to melt faster than it should. This way your drink will not be watery or warmer than intended. So make the bartender in your life ‘s job a little easier and pick some of these up for them.
- Shakers: We prefer our cocktails shaken and stirred thank you! We surely couldn’t make classic cocktails, such as the Corpse Reviver No. 2, without the classic cocktail shaker. The shaker is the tool that enables bartenders to blend flavors from various spirits and ingredients in a cocktail, as well as to help chill, aerate, and dilute drinks. The Boston and Cocktail styles are the two main shaker types that you will find. Most professionals use Boston shakers, which are comprised of one large shaker tin and one smaller cup that fit together. The Boston shaker requires a little more finesse to connect and shake, and needs a separate strainer. Cocktail style shakers, on the other hand, are more popular with home bartenders. Generally, they separate into three pieces: a canister, a lid with a strainer, and a cap to cover up the strainer. Shakers are another essential must-have to ensure that you are crafting only the best cocktails. Have a little fun and shake things up. Click here to buy: http://bit.ly/2hEbWpE
- Bar Spoons: From shaking to stirring we go, and the mixologist in your life couldn’t whip up some stirred cocktails without a trusty bar spoon. A good bar spoon, or cocktail spoon, has a long handle for reaching the bottom of a mixing glass and has a deep enough bowl to scoop out a garnish from any jar. Occasionally used for liquid measurement, these little tools make a world of difference when crafting cocktails for anyone. Click here to buy: http://bit.ly/2cJl0ei
- Strainers: An absolute necessity for keeping shards of ice, pieces of fruit or herbs out of your cocktail. There are two types to choose from, the Hawthorne and the Julep strainer. The classic Hawthorne strainer, which has coils that help it securely fit to a Boston-style shaker, is a great to have when creating a proper Martini or any drink made in a shaker tin. The Julep strainer, so named because it was originally meant to serve mint juleps, is primarily used to strain cocktails made in a mixing glass. Both make excellent gifts for the home bartender or fledgling master mixologist. Click here to purchase a Mr. Boston Hawthorne strainer: http://bit.ly/2hPY12S
- Jiggers: With the rise of mixology and classic cocktails, the jigger has become the mark of meticulousness and care in crafting cocktails. It simply isn’t possible for a bartender to have enough jiggers in their life. Your standard double jiggers come in two sizes, one ounce and ½ ounce, or 1 ½ ounce and ¾ ounce. With many variations, styles, and colors to choose from, jiggers have become a way not only to ensure precision, but to also flaunt the mixologist’s sense of style. Our go-to is a stainless steel, two-sided cup: 1 oz. and ¾ oz. Click here to pick one up for the mixologists in your life: http://bit.ly/2gU7qVd
Well now you have all the information you need to make the mixologists in your life quite pleased. Happy shopping!